As the name suggests, customer acquisition is the act of acquiring customers. But what exactly goes into creating a successful customer acquisition model? A solid customer acquisition strategy encompasses all aspects of the marketing funnel. From lead generation to lead nurturing to customer retention. This holistic strategy focuses on the tangible and intangible resources needed to educate prospects on why your product is worth buying.
It is important to note that a successful customer acquisition strategy is not just about acquiring a large number of new customers; it is about achieving them in a way that is effective and profitable for your business.
Here are some effective and efficient ways to acquire new customers for your business.
1. The power of partnership
Referrals are a great way to generate new customers. Building a strong partner program is one of the fastest and most effective ways for your company to grow its B2B business. Choosing partners who provide complementary services to your own is a great way to develop relationships. Not only with potential clients but also with other growing companies in your industry.
2. Optimize your website for search engines
Organic search plays a central role in driving traffic to your website. Customer acquisition through organic search is based on strong website optimization. With the constant evolution of Google’s search algorithms, we are moving away from targeting specific keywords to a thematic clustering strategy that focuses on subject matter optimization. With SEO shifting towards topic grouping, we recommend building pillar pages for each specific topic. This is a great way to get recognized by Google for a product or service your company offers.
Driving website traffic is essential, but the ultimate goal is to get your visitors to convert. Your website should include conversion paths to give your buyer plenty of opportunities to move through the funnel.
3. Strengthen your presence on social networks
Many companies forget about social media as a way to sell their products, especially in B2B. We admit that social networks will not always be your main source of customer acquisition. However, it is a powerful channel for sharing high-level, cutting-edge content to educate prospects. While it may not be the best way to attract new customers, it is still important to maintain a presence on social media. They’re a great way to build awareness of your brand, generate quick engagement, and show your company’s personality. If you can strengthen your social presence by conveying strong brand representation and likeability, these attributes could potentially contribute to customer acquisition as much as your product does.
4. Leveraging paid advertising
Paid search is another great way to improve your customer acquisition model. It is a very effective tactic for promoting your brand, as it allows marketers to connect with prospects at every stage of the marketing funnel. The paid advertising campaign strategies we suggest as leverage are:
- Branded campaigns: these are essentially used to bid on your company name. Although it may seem counter-intuitive, we strongly recommend that you spend some of your paid budgets on these campaigns. It would be really bad if one of your competitors came up in front of you when a user searches for your ad.
- Search campaigns: these are text campaigns designed to help a prospect convert. Powerful headlines that show quick action is a great way to support your customer along their buyer’s journey to acquisition.
- Display campaigns: these campaigns are not only effective in driving conversions, but also in increasing your brand awareness.
- Retargeting campaigns: these are behavior-based campaigns that focus on those who have taken action on your website or through your content. These campaigns are very effective for those in the middle or bottom of the marketing funnel. As they are already familiar with your product.
Because paid advertising is an integrated marketing strategy; one of the most important things to consider is the type of content to promote for your different campaigns. For example, it is not wise to promote an ad for a free consultation to those who have never visited your website. You’d rather promote the top of your funnel content. Such as guides or white papers, to your new prospects, and save the bottom of your funnel content. Such as consultations and reviews, for those you’re reselling too.
5. Nurture your leads with email marketing
We’ve talked a lot about how to generate new leads for your business. But lead generation is only one piece of the puzzle when it comes to acquiring customers. Email marketing is a great way to grow the leads you already have. Promoting upcoming events, webinars, new marketing trends or content offers is a great way to propel a prospect to the next step in their buyer’s journey. If you’re looking for a way to simplify your email marketing strategy; HubSpot’s workflow automation is a lifesaver when it comes to planning and coordinating your email marketing campaigns.
Customer acquisition is a key component of your company’s growth and revenue. In order to acquire new customers, you really need to look at your inbound marketing strategy from a holistic perspective. This means considering all stages of a customer’s life cycle. From the time they become a prospect to the time they become a loyal customer. But what we can’t stress enough is that even after you have successfully acquired a new customer, you must continue to satisfy them. While acquiring new customers is essential for future growth, it is equally important to retain your existing customer base.
These 5 effective ways of acquiring new customers should be put in place. Once optimized, your company will reap the benefits.
Speaking of which, we suggest you read these articles:
- Top traffic acquisition levers for your e-commerce in 2022
- Develop your customer acquisition strategy successfully with a canvas
- The 6 keys steps to a successful digital acquisition
Do you have a question? A comment? Do not hesitate to contact us. We would be delighted to discuss it with you.